1. Formal expression of group opinion
3. Solution of a problem
It’s a new year and everyone expects you to make these big resolutions but we all know we never keep them, many a year I’ve started off with promises of losing weight, stopping drinking etc – all of which are generally broken within the first week if not a few days! You know you’re nodding your head and agreeing :P
1. To intend
2. To direct one’s efforts
3. To direct a gun, punch, etc
So this year I’ve decided NOT to make any resolutions, instead I have a few things I’m going to aim for because that way it’s alright if I hit a bump in the road on the way to the end result.
Read on twitter this morning (via @amy_mi) “we are all just souls having a human experience” and hey, while I’m having this experience I want it to be great!
So what would I like to achieve in 2012? Well the list is long and maybe I won’t accomplish them all but in my opinion it’s better having something to work towards than simply blathering along.
My list – in no specific order – goes something like this:
• Get a new car (or a 2nd hand one, just something that’s actually road worthy unlike mine)
• Go back on medical aid or even just a hospital plan
• Concentrate on making my photography more profitable
• Working! Big aim this year for me is to find stable work that pays enough for me to afford to survive and put away a little bit of savings for a rainy day (read as fish’s future)
• Fix up my house – little things like new curtains, painting fish’s room and finally getting a dining room table
• Study (even it’s part-time or nightschool) so I can better myself and future
• Appreciate the little things more
• Have a ME day once a month – going out etc sans fish
• Pay off the last of my debt
• Get this blog registered and a make-over
• Read more: aka buy a kindle, because as much as I love books they are costing me a fortune (price of a kindle is roughly equivalent to 3/4 books)
• Work on being a better girlfriend