Today is exactly 6 months till my 25th birthday… till I’m a quarter century, that’s a long time and I’m pretty certain I’ll celebrate at least 3 more of these ¼ century marks – yes I see myself at a hundred. Not sure why but I do. I might be wrong, I might be right. Only time will tell…
So it’s time I update you on my list. I do it every year and every year one more thing gets added to it. Also, what doesn’t get accomplished gets rolled over to the next year’s list though obviously I try tick off as much on it as possible. Last year I was left with only two things to tick off I think so not bad!
1. Have a tea party for my 25th birthday – this is still happening.
2. Do something spontaneous – I joined a salsa class really last minute and LOVED it!
3. Send a teddy around the world – The teddy went missing on Fysh’s birthday and has yet to find his way home.
4. Get a decent job, a stable one with a good monthly income – I should take this off because I will never be able to maintain a desk job that pays a set wage, or a boss that really understands my issues.
5. Study – preferably psychology – So it’s not quite psychology (couldn’t afford it) but I’m doing my day skippers.
6. Get a new car – Not NEW but also not my old unreliable golf.
7. Go travelling with fishness, preferably out of the country – erm, I wish?!
8. Bungee jump or Skydive – ditto the above sentiment. Need $$$ or some really great connections.
9. Read 50 books – I’m on book 25 right now!
10. Own a Polaroid camera – again with the whole money thing *sigh*
11. Buy a new bed (or mattress) – this is what I’ve told everyone to club together and get me for my birthday.
12. Visit with my Shoemate – she’s back in SA next week so maybe… just maybe.
13. Build a giant sandcastle – Tin Tin and I took Fysh to the beach and we made a gigantic one!
14. Have a family photo shoot done with fyshness – Recently did a shoot with @blindcripple from Overexposed. Will post a photo or two when I get them.
15. Get that compass rose tattoo I’ve always wanted – Attempting to save for this, proving to be a tough task though.
16. Jump off a waterfall – does the mini one at kirstenbosch count? probably not…
17. Become famous – According to @thestilettomum I already am, but then again she’s bias :P
18. Have an article featured in a magazine – WATCH THIS SPACE
19. Get to my goal weight – pff…
20. Let go of 100 balloons – depends on the cost of helium next year haha
21. Remember to stop and smell the roses – guess this is an on-going thing
22. Buy a pair of white shoes and doodle on them – need to find a pair first, if you’ve seen any great ones let me know please
23. Learn Sign language – Fysh and I are actually doing this together.
24. Learn to love myself – about that.
If you’re able to help tick anything off the list PLEASE do, I’ll pay you back in kindness and cupcakes :P