Seeing as I have nothing particularly “happy” to blog about right now I thought I’d post a few things that DO make me a happy or at least that put a smile on my face. This post also coincides with the bloggy secret santa that the stilettomum is arranging – if you haven’t signed up yet then head on over to her blog and do so, you don’t need to be a blogger to join btw. Joining is easy and even if you don’t celebrate the Christian holiday (we don’t) then celebrate the joy of giving / receiving a gift with a little thought and effort put into it.
- Brown paper packages tied up with string… no really, there is nothing nicer than getting a package wrapped up old school like. I even love birthday and any day gifts done up in brown paper and string, there’s just something about it.
- Books make me really happy, particularly second hand books. There are few better ways to escape from the world than with the help of a book.
- Nautical anything, but then again seeing as I’ve been brought up in/on/around all things sailing and the sea I suppose this is sort of an obvious point here. But I do, I love the whole blue, white and red (sometimes I think I should have been an American), anchors and compass rose’s (these being a real fetish hence the tattoos of them).
- Rockabilly dresses, I so want a cupcake/nautical one but I’ll have to have one made specially that will fit my fat bum *sigh*
- Notebooks, I love to doodle and write and generally have one of these within arm stretch distance. And stationary, maybe it’s cause I grew up in the days before computers were readily available in the average person’s household but I still have a firm belief that if it’s not written down it doesn’t exist – I still own a Filofax… no jokes.
- Tattoos – if you can find a way to gift me one you would be my most favorite person in the world. I only have two left that I want to get: the finish to my wrist and then the back piece (compass rose) which will take me many a sitting.
- Cupcakes – rather obvious though right? Cupcake ANYTHING goes really and if you can combine the nautical flare with the cupcakes I’ll be putty. I love baking, not so much for business though.
- Dandelion prints, I love these little wispy
- Colours I love – blue, red and white. Also purple and grey.
Truth is I’m one of those people who love getting things so I’ll pretty much be happy with whatever you get me. All you need to know is that I’m a kid that never grew up – I was born in the late 80’s so though classed as an 80’s child I grew up in the 90’s. I love antiques and vintage, nature and being out on the ocean. If it’s handmade I’m pretty sure I’ll love it. I don’t really wear much jewelry other than the bracelet mum had made for me in Mozambique and the beaded one my brother made for me. I write – A LOT – and I love to draw though I don’t do it much lately, I read more than most people and I can’t stand getting bath stuff (unless you made it yourself) or chocolates/sweets. Black and white photographs are my favorite and I still shoot with film. Oh, and the sound of music is still my favorite movie. Also – if you knit: my shoe size is a 6… I love knitted slippers and blankets.
Now if you haven’t joined the secret santa fun yet then I suggest you do, you really don’t want to miss out!