We were invited to a vintage themed farewell for one of The Person’s friends and I suggested we take cupcakes (cause momma taught me never to show up empty handed) and he mentioned that she is wheat intolerant so I decided hell, let’s bake some wheat free vegan cupcakes…
For the cake you’ll need:
• 240g self-raising flour (I used the gluten free one from Ogran)
• 140g caster sugar
• 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
• 240g egg-free mayonnaise (cross and blackwell make a vegan friendly one)
• 2 large ripe bananas (mashed)
• 1tsp vanilla extract
25g vegan dark chocolate chips (those dark chocolate discs from PnP are vegan)
For the Icing you’ll need:
• 80g vegan margarine (try your health food shops)
• 250g icing sugar
• 25ml vegan milk (coconut, soy, almond etc)
• 2 tbsp peanutbutter (I used the chunky one just because I can)
Preheat the oven to about 160deg C
Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet in another then mix them together but don’t over mix or you’ll end up with a rather heavy cupcakes. Spoon the mixture into the lined cupcake tin and let em bake in the oven for about 20min.
When they first come out and are still warm and stuff put the chocolate on them so that it melts and then hardens into a cap.
Ice them babies and voila… you have yourself wheat/gluten free vegan cupcakes… ENJOY!
If you use the recipe and you’re on twitter upload a photo and tag me (@cupcakemummy) so I can see as well :)